I recorded a new song this weekend bass and melody where recorded using my volca keys, the strings are from my mininova. The track has been recorded using Ardour3
I bought a Volca Keys from Korg yesterday and recorded a short test sequence using ardour. All sounds are unprocessed except for a parametric equalizer to remove a high pitched hiss from the recording (damn you usb cable!). The only thing not from the volca keys is a basedrum sample.
The keys is a really awesome sounding little box.
I recorded a new song in my homestudio today. For this tune I used some iPad synths for the first time.
I made a short visualization for a dubstep loop using blender shape keys and an animated displacement modifier
you can download the blend file here
I recorded a new song using my synths and Ardour 3. This time I really couldn´t come up with a name for my song, but somehow I like "to be Named" :-)
I recorded a new song using my mininova and my midified korg monotron. I used Ardour 3 to record the track. Some parts have been recorded using my pushified launchpad mini with the help of pure data
I wrote a pure-data patch that allows me to use my launchpad mini to play my synthesizers. The scales use a similar layout to ableton push (hence the name pushy). To translate between the default midi mapping and the push layout I first used a div and a mod operation to find out what row and column a pressed button was in. Then I calculate the offset for each row to implement the quater shift everytime you go up one row. Then I use a puredata table that holds the scale to be played (currently major and minor) to create the midi-number. The base tone can be shifted up and down by 12 semitones using the E and F button or by 1 semitone using the C and D buttons.
To connect it to my midi equipment I use jack on my linux box and wire it to my synths using qjackctl.
you can download my puredata file here
I also recorded a short loop using the launchpad and my mininova
I have successfully midified my korg monotron using an arduino
This is the first short track I recorded I only used a drum loop and a view effect plugins (reverb, delay, chorus) beside my monotron. I will post photos, code examples and more detail this weekend - stay tuned :-)
Update: read more infos on my midification project here
This song started out as a short loop I created on my Nintendo 3DS using the Korg DS-10. I recorded it and added some loops I created using nanoloop on my android tablet and a basedrum created on my Korg monotron. The arpegiator loop, the melody and the base sound are from my novation mininova.
My todays project for 30daysofcreativity was to learn how to play an ukulele. For the sake of all my readers hearing I did´t record any of my trials but I made a photo of my ukulele instead :-)