Day 17 of 30daysOfcreativity - Faces

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-17T20:09:47+00:00

Today I made a bunch of faces from arbitrary shapes as my day 17 project for 30daysofcreativity


Day 15 of 30DaysOfCreativity - solidified lava

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-15T17:04:17+00:00

For my Day 15 project of 30DaysOfCreativity I created a new background image for my computer using blender.

The solidified lava material was created using textures in a node based cycles material. you can download the blend file here or you can download a highres version here

solidified lava

Day 14 of 30DaysOfCreativity - Radio PI part 6

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-14T11:22:55+00:00

Today I worked out the component placement and continued to work on the housing.

I plan to create spacers and mounting parts for the pi, the amplifier and the radio on my 3D printer this weekend

wison radio placement test

Day 13 of 30DaysOfCreativity - Radio PI part 5

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-13T08:08:27+00:00

Today I started working on the radio part of the raspberry pi radio. I hooked up an AR1010 based breakout board from sparkfun to the i2c ports of the raspberry pi and wrote a short python program to initialize the chip and tune it to a radio station.

It took me a while to figure out how to access the chip and after searching through tons of tutorials example-code and a really really really extremely bad datasheet I finally managed to get my code running.

The main reason why it didn´t work in the beginning was that I didn´t recognize that the smbus library sends long values in LSB,MSB order while the AR1010 wants them in MSB,LSB order :-/. Who would have thought that the littleendian/bigendian thing still exists in 2013

wilson radio module

read more ...

Day 12 of 30daysofcreativity - crawling particles

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-12T06:49:01+00:00

For my day 12 project of I have created a blender animation using an swarm particle system that crawls on a suzanne head

you can download the blend file here

crawling particles

Day 11 of 30DaysOfCreativity - Radio PI part 4

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-11T05:53:23+00:00

Today I managed to get the wlan part of the raspberry pi based car radio for my friends typ 3 wilson working. I used a R8187U based wlan stick from belkin (Belkin N150 WLAN USB-Adapter) and configured an ad-hoc network. I initially intended to create a wlan access point like described here, but I hostapd didn´t want to cooperate :-/

wilson access point

read more ...

Day 10 of 30DaysOfCreativity - Radio PI part 3

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-10T07:36:53+00:00

Today I soldered the amplifier module I plan to use in the raspberry pi car radio for my friends typ 3 wilson.

It´s a 2x40 Watt module that can be used with 12 Volts.

This is my Day 10 project for 30daysofcreativity

Day 8 of 30DaysOfCreativity - Radio PI part 2

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-09T15:45:36+00:00

Today I´ve set up the airplay part of the raspberry pi car radio for my friends typ 3 wilson I have used this tutorial. I also planned to configure the accesspoint part but unfortunately my rtl8187 based wlan usb stick doesn´t support the master mode, so I will have to get a new wlan card tomorrow.

This is my Day 9 project for 30daysofcreativity

Click here to read part 1 of this project

wilson airplay

Day 8 of 30DaysOfCreativity - Radio PI part 1

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-08T11:47:26+00:00

A friend of mine needed a radio for his typ3 wilson. Unfortunately the Blaupunkt car radio only receives LF and MF radio stations. So we decided to fit a raspberry pi and a amplifier into the housing of the radio and use the switches and turning knobs to interact with the raspberry.

The plan is to create a WLAN access point using the PI which also acts as an airplay access point to stream music from an iphone to the cars speakers

So far I have stripped the electronic parts from the radio and started gathering the materials needed for the access point

This is my Day 8 project for 30daysofcreativity

Day 7 of 30DaysOfCreativity 2013 - Trees

Nikolaus Gradwohl2013-06-07T06:21:19+00:00

My Day 7 project for 30daysofcreativity is a drawing in black ink. I used watered down ink to paint the background and the darker shadows.