DIY Zynthian rotary encoder conntroller board
This weekend I finished my self made controller port for the rotary encoders of my DIY zynthian.
I drilled 54 holes, killed one drillbit in the process and learned that a 0.5mm drill bit is to small for soldering pin headers (hint you need 1.2mm for that) then I soldered all the headers and the chip socket, installed the chip - tested all the connections - fixed the broken traces and removed all the solder bridges I created by accident
hooked it up to my pi - and learned that I didn't remove all the solder bridges :-/ so I shortened my 5v and gnd lines on the pi and killed it in the process :-/
But fortunately I had another spare pi - and after some resoldering replacing of components and my pi I finally managed to get the board working and all the rotary encoders work.
DIY Zynthian housing prototype part II
DIY Zynthian housing prototype
First selfmade PCB
DIY Zynthian Prototype